Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The First Trimester


I'm one month pregnant in this photo

I had an easier time with the Lupron treatments, the surgery, and the endometriosis pain than I did with the constant nausea and vomiting that came with my first trimester. I had to quit all work. I could barely drive, let alone get to my destination. I tried to swim through it, but when I was throwing up at the side of the pool I knew I had to give in to the sickness and stop fighting. No one wants to be known as the pukey mermaid anyways lol! I am so grateful to my husband who took the best care of me during this time. Not for a moment did he make me feel bad for not working. He even hired help for me around the house during the day because I could not even maintain our home, it was a challenge to care for myself. I tried every natural remedy for the nausea, I was so desperate to get my life back! Nothing worked. My doctor put me on Zofran, which is an anti-nausea medication prescribed to chemo patients as well as pregnant women. For me, it took away the nausea but gave me strong lower stomach pains, so I stopped taking it because it did not help. Oddly, I did not lose weight during this time, but gained about 6 pounds. I guess I gained all of that because I normally swim so much, and then I went from highly athletic and active to being extremely tired, or was awake but unable to move much. The weather was especially cold and gloomy during that time, and I think maybe I would have felt better if the sun were out. I was looking forward to going to the Caribbean at the end of the trimester. Maybe mermaiding in the ocean was just what I needed! I looked forward to that trip every day. It felt like forever.....

No comments:

Post a Comment