Tuesday, April 15, 2014

MerMommy in Puerto Rico...

Enjoying the legendary Rincon sunset!

Can you see my baby bump?

Puerto Rico was beautiful! I was amazed at how beautiful the coral was near Steps Beach. It reminded me of the western coast of Australia, but I liked it even more! I got to swim face to face with a sea turtle. The fish were very friendly, and as they came close, I made sure not to touch them so I would not remove any of their protective slime from their scales. But they were so unafraid of me, it was hard not to touch them as they wanted to touch me by swimming up so close-even swimming into my hands! The humpback whales were to be coming through the area but we did not see any. I was hoping to swim with them....maybe next time! The sun and saltwater was just what I needed to feel better. I was nauseated and throwing up until the day we arrived in San Juan. I was so thankful just to be able to move around and not be so sick every second of it! As I relaxed underwater and moved with the current, I felt like I could breathe again. It's a hard feeling to describe, but to other mermaids who are reading this, you totally get what I mean here. We also made new friends and I even met a store owner who would like to sell my artwork and mermaid tops and tails! I have so much going on but maybe one day you will be able to buy some of my products in Rincon...

No comments:

Post a Comment